DOAT Ep 87: Platinum Dork


This week, Tim, John, and Brandon ask you for money



They discuss Gene Wilder Death, Gene Wilder Movies, Gene Wilder, Mel Brooks, Space Balls 2, John Hodgman, Fantasy Sports, Fantasy Football, Fantasy Premier league, Willy Wonka, Veruca Salt, Violet Beauregard, Mike TV, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Augustus Gloop, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the cursed child, Harry Potter Weekend, Harry Potter Chestnut Hill, Chestnut Hill College, Chestnut Hill, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Harry Potter World, GoFundMe, Fundraiser, Crowdfunding, Philly, Philadelphia, dorkofalltrades16, doat16, Diamond Dave, Dave Maier, Cheesesteak Run, Cheesesteak Run, life gets in the way, Extra life, Children’s Hospitals, Hourglass Charity, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, CMNH, living within means, podcast friends, finding friends, Kevin Smith Podcast, Donation levels, awkwardness, shirt logos, $6, $12, $20, $30, $50, $80, Platinum Dork, great hugs, Brandon and Stacy, Polio, down with the sickness, ep 607, charity and More!

Our song intro and outro is titled “About My Business” by Montago Bradley and Duane Williams.

Special Thanks to all of the Nerd Podcast Mafia: So Wizard, Open All Powers, The Convo Comics Podcast, The Back Issue Pod, Fans on Patrol, Cult-45 Podcast, the Nerdtastic4 Podcast, the Geek Yogurt Podcast, and Super Hero Speak.

The Dork of All Trades Podcast is hosted by
John Langan & Tim Berger
Executive Producer: Brandon Rapone
Twitter: @dorkofalltrades
Instagrams: @dorkofalltrades
& @dbzsnaps
Please like The Dork of All Trades Podcast on Facebook

Go Fund Us!


Hello, thank you for reading. We are campaigning to raise funds for our show and a charity called Extra Life. and we need your help

Podcasting isn’t free, and the more popular, widely distributed podcasts rely on advertising to fund them. Although Tim and John proudly pay our monthly dues to keep the lights on, we want better equipment to improve sound and editing software. Since the beginning our show has been “roughing it”. Week in and out we record the show on a voice recorder app on an iPod, and spend hours editing to improve the quality. As a podcast hosts, we want to bring the best quality content we can to our listeners, so we are launching this crowdfunding page on GoFundMe.

Extra_Life_CMNHosp_blue.png.694f51f90b6996220bcb63ae083b61d5We also want to make a difference in the world. Tim has wanted to do a charity episode for sometime, but due to our crazy schedules it took forever for us to figure it out. We are raising money for Extra Life. Extra Life is a video game based charity designed to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, which empowers the gaming community to make a difference in the lives of local sick and injured kids. Participants fund raise year-­round and during a 24-hour gaming marathon each fall. The money we raise will be in part donated to this charity.


timer-512Our approach to raise the money is what we call an hourglass fundraiser. We set our primary goal at $300; until we reach the goal the funds we raise would be divied up between our show (75% of proceeds), and Extra Life (the last 25%). When we reach our goal, the hourglass fundraiser flips around, at which point 75% of the proceeds go to Extra Life, and the remaining 25% to our show.


With that, We have given incentives so that you get a little something when you donate.


We’d appreciate any donation you can muster, thank you for listening and being a dork with us. We understand that money can be tight for many of us, so if you cannot donate, please share this on Facebook, Twitter, and with friends you know will like the show. Sharing is caring. Thank you so much.